Emmanuel College is one of the best educational institutions affiliated to the University of Cambridge. The college has earned the reputation as friendly college and growing over the past decade. Emmanuel College has an excellent record of academic achievement. Emmanuel students take part in various activities such as sports, music and enjoy an inclusive and active social life.
Emmanuel College equips students with excellent facilities for sport, superb teachers, music and computing, students-run bar and library with best reading rooms. Students are expected to utilize all these facilities. They are encouraged to obtain thorough understanding of the subject. Emmanuel is a community, which lives by mutual support, principles of tolerance and collective responsibility. The college does not have any place for discrimination on the grounds of race, colour, creed, sexuality or gender and social and political background.
Applicants with disability are welcome for early discussion to know whether the college can offer special facilities in their study that is workable for them. Emmanuel is one of the first and an intellectual community wherein individual may enhance their full potential. Students are given an extensive opportunity to hone their skills and develop their horizon of knowledge. The college building is very beautiful and fascinates everyone. The building is in the very centre of Cambridge.
The Emmanuel College has a beautiful garden, two ponds with their moorhens and ducks, swimming pool, tennis court and a large grass area called the Paddock are for all members of the college to enjoy. The college provides students all facilities to make them work towards their designed goals. Emmanuel takes care of students' all round development. The details of Directors of Studies are given below.
Directors of Studies:
- Architecture: Dr D Vesely
- Asian & Middle Eastern Studies: Dr A Boermel
- Anglo-Saxon, Norse, & Celtic: Dr D Pratt
- Classics: Dr C L Whitton
- Chemical Engineering: Dr P J Barrie
- Archaeology & Anthropology: Dr P Filippucci
- Computer Science: Dr N A Dodgson
- Economics: Dr M J Gross
- Engineering: Dr C J Burgoyne
- Education: Mr. R A Walford
- English: Dr C Russell
- History: Dr E M C van Houts
- Geography: Dr P M R Howell
- History of Art Professor: J-M Massing
- Linguistics: Dr D Willis
- Law: Dr O Odudu
- Music: Dr B Walton
- Management Studies: Mr. J Lang
- Medicine: Dr R J Barnes
- Mathematics: Dr M Spivack
- Modern & Medieval Languages: Dr N J White
- Philosophy: Dr S M Connell
- Theology & Religious Studies: The Reverend J L Caddick
- Politics, Psychology & Sociology: Dr E Pesaran
- Veterinary Medicine: Dr P J Watson
- Natural Sciences: Professor M A Thomson (Physical), Dr R W Broadhurst (Biological)