|PM/PD Entrance exam: Eligibility|
Eligibility for appearing for All India Pre-Medical / Pre-Dental Entrance Examination are as below:
- The candidate must be an Indian national.
- The candidate must have completed 17 years of age at the time of admission or will complete the same on or before December 31 of the year of admission.
- Candidates from Jammu & Kashmir and Andhra Pradesh are not eligible. Those who desire to claim eligibility must submit an affidavit (original copy) on Rs. 10/- non-Judicial Stamp Paper sworn before and attested by a Metropolitan Magistrate / First Class Judicial Magistrate. It should state that the student is not eligible to seek admission to Medical / Dental colleges in Andhra Pradesh and J&K and that the student is not domiciled in either of these two states.
The qualifying examinations are listed below:
- The Higher / Senior Secondary Examination or the Indian School Certificate Examination equivalent to 10+2 with English language and electives Physics, Chemistry, Biology (including practical tests) and Mathematics.
- The Intermediate / Pre-degree examination in Science of an Indian University / Board or other recognised examining body with Physics, Chemistry, Biology (including practicals) and English.
- The Pre-professional / Pre-medical examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology (including practical tests) and English after passing the Higher Secondary Examination or the Pre-University or an equivalent examination.
- The first-year of an under-graduate course in Physics, Chemistry or Biology (including practical tests) from a recognised University with the candidate having passed the earlier qualifying examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English as subjects.
- B.Sc. examination of an Indian University with not less than two of the subjects, Physics, Chemistry and Biology (Botany, Zoology) as electives. The candidate should have passed the earlier qualifying examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English.
- Examinations equivalent in scope and standard to the Intermediate science examination of an Indian University / Board with the subjects Physics, Chemistry, Biology (including practical tests) and English.
- The candidate must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks (40% for SC/ST/OBC candidates) taken together in Physics, Chemistry and Biology in the qualifying examination and passed these subjects individually as well.
- Indian nationals educated abroad must have passed the subjects Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English up to the 12th standard level with 50% marks. However, the equivalency will be determined according to the regulations of the Medical Council of India and the concerned University.
- Students appearing for the qualifying examination in the year of the competitive examination can seek provisional admission till the first round of allotment by personal appearance.