- Bioenergy comprises of animal energy
- Two forms of animal energy
Human Muscle Power (HMP)
Draught Animal Power (DAP).
- The total wood consumption
of the world in 1984 was about 1.7 million metric tonnes.
- The current domestic
firewood consumption in India is about 146.5 million
metric tonnes. It is expected to be 258.9
million metric tonnes by 2005 AD.
- Total number of draught
animals in India is 8 million.
- In Brazil, for the first time petrol
was substituted by alcohol in automobiles.
- Hard wood is better as fuel
than soft wood.
- The characteristics of good
high calorific value
free from resins, smoke and offensive colours.
- Firewood is the most common biofuel. It is used by over half the population of
the world for their daily needs. Fuel wood required per person per day
is 3 kg.