University Law School, Punjab - Eligibility Criteria
Admissions to a five-year B.A.LLB. (Hons.), five year B.A. LLB., and three year LLB. Will made only on candidates' performance in entrance exam, CET-LAW. There are 85 % seats to be reserved for the residents of Punjab State and 15 % seats will be open to all candidates from out of Punjab State. Residence condition has been prescribed for Punjab candidates. This condition will be firmed in terms of the instructions issued by the Government of Punjab, Department of Personnel and Administrative Reforms.
Candidates who have taken the qualifying exam and whose result has yet not been declared are allowed to appear for the exam. However, their admission will be provisional and he/she needs to submit a duly attested photocopy of the mark sheet and required certificate in original of qualifying exam. Such candidates require to produce all necessitate documents at the time of counseling.
It must be noted that all admission will be provisional until he/she provides all requisite documents. If in the process of verification candidates found that they do not fulfill the prescribed eligibility criteria, his/her admission will be cancelled without giving any prior notice to them. Further, these candidates can't claim against the university/college. Thus, candidates are advised to ensure their eligibility before taking the entrance exam.
Eligibility criteria for Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar and institutions affiliated to it.
LL.B. (Three Year Course)
- Candidates should have passed Bachelor Degree of Guru Dev University or equivalent with at least 45 % marks in aggregate for general category candidates and 40 % marks in aggregate for SC/ST category candidates.
- Candidates must not be more than 30 years of age at the time of admission; however, there is relaxation in age up to 35 for SC/ST category candidates.
B.A.LLB. Course. (Five Years)
- Candidates must have passed 10+2 exam of Punjab Education Board or equivalent exam with at least 45 % marks in aggregate. However, SC/ST category candidates need to obtain 40 % marks in aggregate.
- Candidates must not exceed 20 years of age at the time of admission. Nonetheless, there is age relaxation up to 22 years for SC/ST candidates.
B.A. LLB. (Hons. Five years)
- Candidates must have passed Punjab School Education or equivalent exam with minimum 50 % marks in aggregate for general category candidates and 45 % for SC/ST category candidates.
- Candidates must not exceed 20 years of age at the time of admission. However, there is age relaxation up to 22 years for SC/ST category candidates.
Eligibility Criteria for Punjabi University, Patiala and Institutions affiliated to it.
LLB. Course (Three Course)
- Candidates must possess graduation/post graduation in any faculty from Punjabi University, Patiala or equivalent exam with at least 45 % marks in aggregate. However, SC/ST and Physically Challenged Candidates need to obtain at least 40 % marks in aggregate.
B.A. LLB. (Five Years Course)
- Candidates should have passed 10+2 exam of Punjab Education Board or equivalent exam with at least 45 % marks in aggregate. Candidates who fall under SC/ST and Physically Challenged Category need to obtain at least 40 % marks in aggregate.
- Candidates shouldn't exceed 21 years of age at the time of admission.