Eligibility Criteria for Punjab University, Chandigarh
- Candidates must have passed 10+2 exam of Punjab or Haryana Board of School Education/CBSE/ICSE or any equivalent exam with at least 50 % marks in aggregate. However, candidates who belong to SC/ST category need to get at least 45 % marks in aggregate.
- Candidates shouldn't have crossed 20 years of age at the time of admission. Though, there is age relaxation up to 22 years of age for SC/ST category candidates.
LL.B. (Three Years Degree Course)
- Candidates must possess Bachelor's Degree in any faculty of Punjab University with minimum 45 % marks in aggregate. Nonetheless, candidates who belong to SC/ST category need to obtain at least 40 % marks in aggregate. Or
- Candidates should possess Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in any faculty from any recognized university with at least 45 % marks in aggregate. Though candidates who fall under SC/ST category need to obtain minimum 40 % marks in aggregate.
If candidates possess Bachelor's Degree of the university or any other university which is recognized by the Syndicate through Modern Indian Languages such as Urdu or Hindi or Punjabi/Gurmukhi Script and or in a classical language like Persian Sanskrit or Arabic. The aggregate of 45 % for general and 40 % for SC/ST candidates will be calculated by taking into account the percentage of aggregate marks that candidates had obtained in the language exam, keeping out the mark for the additional optional paper, English and other elective subject taken together. Or
- Candidates must have a Master's Degree from the Punjab University. Or
- Candidates should have Master's Degree from any other University which is recognized as equivalent to the Master's Degree Punjab University.
Eligibility criteria relating educational qualification for admission to the legal courses in colleges which are affiliated to Punjab University, Chandigarh is under the consideration of Punjab University as maintained by latest regulations of the Bar Council of India.
Candidates are requested to ensure that they are eligible to apply to law course as mentioned above. In case if he/she fails to fulfill prescribed eligibility criteria their admission will be cancelled without informing them.