|AIEEE- Frequently asked questions|
Application can either be made ‘Online’ or submitted on prescribed Application Form only.
Information Bulletin containing Application Form can be had by post from The Joint Secretary (AIEEE), Central Board of Secondary Education, 17, Rouse Avenue , Institutional Area, New Delhi - 110002 or personally from Regional Offices of CBSE and Designated Branches of Syndicate Bank/other Banks/Designated Institutions. The Syndicate Bank/other Banks, the designated institutions and Regional Offices of the CBSE will not be sending the Information Bulletin by Post.
The cost of Information Bulletin inclusive of Examination Fee is Rs.300/- for General Category and Rs.150/- for SC and ST candidates.
To obtain Information Bulletin containing Application Form by post, candidates should send their request to The Joint Secretary (AIEEE), Central Board of Secondary Education, 17, Rouse Avenue, Institutional Area, New Delhi-110002 along with a bank draft of Rs.350/- for General Category (Rs. 200/- for SC/ST candidates) payable in favour of The Secretary, CBSE, Delhi and a self-addressed envelope of 12” x 10”. This includes Rs. 50/- towards postal charges.
Online submission of application with photograph and signature on Computer Printed Form generated and down loaded from the website should be sent by Registered/Speed Post (NOT BY COURIER) to CBSE and payment of Rs. 300/- for General Category and Rs. 150/- for SC/ST candidates made by Demand Draft in favour of the Secretary, CBSE, payable at Delhi.
Candidates submitting applications ‘Online’ should retain a photocopy of each of the generated Application Form and the Demand Draft for future correspondence, if required. In addition to Examination Fee, Service/Processing Charges of Rs. 5/- will be payable by the candidates to the designated Branches of Syndicate Bank/Institutions.
Incomplete Application Forms, or the forms having over-writing, will be rejected. The candidates who have made application online will be required submit generated Application Form along with Demand Draft of any scheduled Bank.
The candidate seeking admission to the AIEEE is required to:
- go through the Information Bulletin carefully and acquaint with all the requirements;
- satisfy eligibility to appear in the examination;
- send the application on the prescribed Application Form complete in all respect or submit it online;
- write complete address with Postal Pin Code in the Application Form;
- fill in the Application Form in own handwriting in BLOCK LETTERS in English only, using blue/black ball point pen, within the prescribed boxes.
- Overwriting, cuttings, erasings in the application form and incomplete form may lead to rejection of form and should be avoided. Any error arising on this account shall be the responsibility of the candidate.
- The Application Form duly filled in should be sent to The Joint Secretary(AIEEE), Central Board of Secondary Education, 17, Rouse Avenue, Institutional Area, New Delhi – 110002 in the printed envelop supplied by the Board so as to reach positively by the deadline. The Application Form will not be received personally in any case. The candidate must retain photocopy of his/her filled in Application Form for future correspondence.
- The last date for receipt of Application Form by Registered/Speed Post (NOT BY COURIER) is circulated every year. Thereafter 15 days grace time for receipt of Application Form will be allowed to the candidates belonging to remote areas. (Arunachal Pradesh , Assam , Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland , Sikkim , Tripura, Lahaul and Spiti District and Pangi sub division of Chamba District of Himachal Pradesh, Andaman & Nicobar Island and Lakshadweep)
- If a candidate submits more than one Application Form, his/her candidature is liable to be cancelled.
Only those candidates who are less than 25 years of age till October 01 in the present year are eligible. However, in the case of Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Physically Handicapped (PH) candidates, upper age limit is relaxed by 5 years, i.e. SC, ST and PH candidates who were 30 years of age till October 01, in the present year are eligible. Date of birth as recorded in the Secondary Education Board/University certificate only will be taken as authentic.
- The candidate must be between 16 and 21 years as on 01 July, 2004
- There is no age restriction on War Widows who seek admission into AIT. They must, however, meet the requirement of physical fitness and all other eligibility conditions as specified in their prospectus.
- The applicant must be a citizen of India or a person of Indian origin from any foreign country but who intends to settle permanently in India and obtains Indian Citizenship before admission into AIT.
- The applicant must fall into one of the following categories:
- Child of serving regular Army person.
- Child of a retired Army person who is in receipt of regular pension.
- Child of an Army person who died during service/after retirement.
- Child in receipt of family pension due to death of both parents one of whom was regular/retired Army person.
- Adopted/Step Children and Children of Remarried Widows
- Adopted Children Adoption of children by Army Personnel should have been done at least five years before 1st July of the commencement of the course, i.e. by 01 July 99 .
- Step Children Step Children are eligible provided they are born out of wedlock where at least one parent belongs to the Army. This wedlock should have occurred at least five years before 1st July of the commencement of the course, i.e. by 01 July 99 .
- Children of widows of Army personnel Children of widows of Army personnel who are born as a result of second marriage with Army personnel are eligible. However, children of widows of Army born out of remarriage with Non-Army personnel would not be eligible for admission.
Recipient of Gallantry Award
- Children of only those Medical Officers presently serving with Indian Navy or Indian Air Force who have served Army for more than 10 years and who are members of Army Officers Benevolent Fund (AOBF) are eligible.
- Children of Army Postal Service (APS) personnel classified as ex-servicemen as per Government of India, Ministry of Defence letter No 9(52)/88/D(Res) dated 19 July 89.
- Children of those APS personnel who are on deputation and who have put in more than 10 years service in the Army.
- Children of APS personnel who are directly recruited into APS and of those who, as per their terms and conditions of service, retired from APS after completing their minimum pensionable service.
- Children of only those Military Nursing Service (MNS) officers who have 10 years service as regular Army MNS officers or are in receipt of pension from the Army.
- Children of only those Territorial Army (TA) personnel who have completed 10 years of embodied service.
Grant of Weightages As per the Hon’ble Supreme Court ruling, children of specified award winners, weightages, graded as per the importance of the gallantry award, will be given to children of winners of such awards. For this purpose, upto the following percentages of aggregate marks secured by them in the All India Engineering Entrance Examination (AIEEE) will be added to their aggregate:
||% of marks to be added
|Param Vir Chakra
|Sarvottam Yudh Seva Medal
|Uttam Yudh Seva Medal
|Sena Medal (Gallantry)
On the basis of performance in AIEEE, separate rank lists will be prepared for B.E./B.Tech., B.Pharma and B.Arch/B.Planning. Score Card indicating All India Rank with total marks and marks in each subject shall be sent to all candidates appearing in AIEEE.
Candidates scoring above a certain cut off percentage of marks (being different for General and SC/ST/PH category candidates) to be called for counselling shall be determined at the time of declaration of AIEEE results. All India Rank and marks shall also be released on AIEEE website. The results of AIEEE 2004 are likely to be declared on or before 15th June, 2004 .
As per the notified cut off score and the candidates declared eligible up to the notified Rank shall be called to appear for counselling.
In case of two or more candidates obtaining equal marks, inter-se merit of such candidates shall be determined as follows:
- B.E/B.Tech - By marks obtained in Mathematics and then in Physics in the AIEEE and then by age (preference to older candidates).
- B.Pharma - By marks obtained in Mathematics/Biology and then in Chemistry in the AIEEE and then by age (preference to older candidates).
- B.Arch/B.Planning - By marks obtained in Aptitude Test and then in Mathematics in the AIEEE and then by age (preference to older candidates).