PTU CET - Exam Pattern
The PTU CET exam is of objective type. The paper comprises of 40 multiple choice questions. Each question carries one mark. However, there is no negative marking. There are four answer options of which one is correct. The candidates are required to mark his/her answer on OMR sheet by using dark black Ball pen / Gel pen.
For Engineering/Technology the test consists of three papers of which two are compulsory; Physics and Mathematics. The remaining optional papers are Chemistry/Biology/Computer Science/Biotechnology. For Pharmacy there are also two compulsory papers, Physics and Chemistry and the remaining optional papers are Mathematics/Biotechnology/Computer Science. The candidates are required to take three papers only.
Exam Centres :
The following is the list of PTU CET designated test centres
- Fatehgarh Sahib
- S.A.S. Nagar
The candidates will be given two choices for selecting exam centres. They will be allotted exam centres of their preference. However, the Chairperson of Combined Entrance Test reserves all rights to allot test centres to the candidates as per the situation.
Instructions for Candidates :
- The candidates are not permitted to enter the exam hall after 15 minutes of the prescribed exam time.
- Candidates are advised to take only the allocated seat
- Candidates are not allowed to leave the exam hall before the end time of the exam.
- Only Black ball pen and Gel pen to be used to answer the question.
- The last page of the question paper can be used for rough work
- Electronics devices such as mobile phone, pen drive, and blue tooth are not allowed in the exam center.
If there is violation of any of the instructions which is mentioned above will result in the cancellation of candidature.