PLMECWA PGCET – Eligibility Criteria and Exam Paper Pattern
Admission to MCA and MBA Programmes through Management Quota will be totally based on PGCET exam. Nonetheless, appearing for the PGCET is not enough for admission; candidates are required to meet the prescribed eligibility criteria which are set by the respective authority.
Academic Qualification for the admission to MCA programmes:
The candidates must have passed Bachelor's Degree in Computer Application, Economics, Commerce, Business Administration or Corporate Secretaryship along with either of the subjects mentioned below.
- Business Mathematics or
- Mathematics or
- Computer Application or
The candidates should have passed Bachelor's Degree in Science along with Statistics or Mathematics as one of the subjects.
Academic Qualification for admission to MBA programmes:
The candidates must possess any of the degrees with at least 50 % marks in aggregate for admission to the first semester of the MBA course.
There is no age limit for both the programmes of MBA and MCA. Candidates are allowed to apply a number of times as there is no age bar.
MBA Exam Paper Pattern :
The test is objective in nature. There is different question paper pattern for both, MBA and MCA exam. In the MBA test, there will be 120 questions which must be attempted within120 minutes. The test for MBA is divided into five sections. The section number, paper name and number of question for MBA test can be divided as follows.
- Section I - Language Comprehension (20 questions)
- Section II - Mathematical Skills (30 questions)
- Section III - Date Analysis & Sufficiency (30 questions)
- Section IV – Intelligence & Critical Reasoning (30 questions)
- Section V – Indian Global Environment (10 questions)
MCA Exam Paper Pattern :
The paper comprises 90 questions which are of objective type and the time limit is of 2 hours. The name of the topics and number of questions can be divided as follows.
- Analytical Ability (20 questions)
- Comprehensive Verbal Ability (15 questions)
- Mathematics (Ancillary Level) (20 questions)
- General Awareness Computer Science (20 questions)
- Logical Reasoning (15 questions)