NUALS - Eligibility Criteria and Application Procedure
- A candidate should have passed Higher Secondary School Exam (10+2) or equivalent exam with minimum 50 % marks in aggregate. Nonetheless, there is minimum marks relaxation up to 5 % for the ST/SC candidates.
- A candidate appearing for the qualifying exam can also apply for the test.
- A candidate must have attained 21 years of age at the time of admission. However, candidates who fall under reserved category like ST/SC/OBC and physically challenged candidates need to attain at least 23 years of age at the time of admission.
There are in all 65 seats for a five-year B.A. LLB. (Hons.) programme, Of which 41 seats are filled in on the basis of merit. The break up of remaining seats is given as follows.
- Scheduled Caste - 5 seats
- Scheduled Tribe - 1 seats
- Other Backward Class - 16 seats
Candidates who wish to take admission to legal courses need to appear for entrance exam. The entrance exam is to be conducted by the university. Admissions will be totally based on his/her performance in the entrance exam. The merit of students will be based on marks obtained in the entrance exam. Once the candidates have qualified entrance, they'll be called for the consequent round to further admission procedure. Candidates will have to appear for interview. It must be noted that the candidates need to obtain at least 50 % marks to qualify entrance test. Candidates who fail to obtain the prescribed percentage in the exam including written test, interview and proportional marks will not be eligible for admission.
The entrance exam will be of 3 hours duration. It will be based on the following subjects:
- Logical reasoning
- General knowledge
- Language skills
- Aptitude for legal studies
The prospectus and application form can be obtained form the office of university. To get the application form candidate has to pay a requisite amount of fee either by cash or by Demand Draft drawn on any Scheduled Bank in favour of the 'National University of Advanced Legal Studies' payable at Ernakulam. Applicants who fall under reserved category like ST/SC as per the state government will have to pay less for the application form as compare to open category candidates. The SC/ST category candidates are required to produce proof of their respective community.
Applicants can also send the form by post. They need to send it along with Demand Draft of Rs. 800 for general candidates and Rs. 425 for ST/SC candidates. Candidates can download the prospectus and application form from the university website www.nauls.ac.in. The duly completed application form must be sent with DD to the university address as mentioned above. Candidates must ensure that the form should reach before or on the last date of submission. The form which reaches after the last date will not be accepted. The university does not take any responsibility for any delay in courier or post and no correspondence will be made. Thus, candidates must be careful while sending the form. For latest information, he/she can refer university website as mentioned above.