JGLS - Events
The Jindal Global Law School organized a Round Table Discussion on Globalization and its Impact on Legal Education and Legal Profession on January 9, 2009. For this discussion JGLS haD invited a delegation of the America Bar Association (ABA) Section of International Law. The participants of the round table discussion include:
- Mr. Justice A.P. Mishra, Chairperson of Legal Education Committee
- Mr. Aaron Schildhaus, Chair of Section
- Mr. Erik Wulff, Chair of the ILEX-India Committee
- Professor Marc S. Galanter, John and Rylla Bosshard Professor of Law and South Asian Studies, University of Wisconsin Madison, America
- Professor Ekow Yankah, Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, USA
- Professor Robert Lutz, Southwestern Law School, Los Angeles.
This discussion arranged by the law school got good response as it was attended by a big amount of participants. The participants included lawyers from India, corporate and litigation lawyers from the USA, associates and partners of law firms in India and US and some prominent representatives from the Bar Council of India (BCI) and American Bar Association (ABA). The discussion was about a range of insinuation that globalization has had in legal education and legal occupation in India and America.
Jindal Global Law School also organized a Seminar on Terrorism, Human Security and Human Rights. JGLS in association with Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law Yeshiva University organized the above said programmer at the India Habitat Center, New Delhi. The seminar has focused two thematic sessions:
- Terrorism as a Threat to Human Security: Causes and Consequences
- Fighting Terrorism while Protecting Human Rights: Challenges and Perspectives
The firs programme was chaired by Professor Ekow Yankah of Cardozo Law School and the second one by Professor Ranbir Singh, Vice Chancellor, National Law School University, Delhi. The inaugural address was being delivered by Mr. H. R. Bharadwaj, Union Minister of Law and Justice, Government of India. Almost two hundred people attended the seminar. Mr. Justice Shivraj Patil, erstwhile judge, Supreme Court of India gave the keynote address. Mr. Justice Dalveer Bhandari gave the valedictory address. It was a very successful attempt by JGLS and got recognized by various law scholars.