HNLU - Admission to Ph.D.
Eligibility Criteria :
- The candidates must have passed a Master Degree in Law from any recognized college/university with at least 55 % marks in aggregate or equivalent or a degree approved by the association of Indian universities.
- The candidates should have passed any Masters Degree in Law with at least 55 % marks in aggregate from any of the universities from India which must be recognized by the Indian Association of Universities, New Delhi.
- There is relaxation of 5 marks as prescribed under eligibility condition for the candidates who belong to SC/ST category.
The candidates will have two categories for Ph.D. as given below.
a) Full time candidates
b) Faculty Members of HNLU
The candidates who are approved by academic council for admission to Ph.D. will fall under the Full time candidate category. And candidates who are approved by academic council for admission to the same programme and working in the Law department of HNLU will fall under the second category of Faculty members of HNLU.
Candidates are required to complete and submit their research thesis in minimum 2 years and maximum in 5 years. After submitting the research thesis there will be an oral exam. If the academic council finds that the candidate's performance is not up to mark, then he/she will not be awarded with the Ph.D. If a candidate fails to submit his/her research thesis within given maximum period of time, then his/her registration will be cancelled.
Candidates will be allowed by the Doctoral Committee to go outside the university in order to investigate for the subject. They are also permitted to spend one year in the university to research the related area of the subject.
How to Apply for Registration :
- candidates who wish to apply for registration for Ph.D. are needed to pay an application fee of Rs. 1,000 with the prescribed application form.
- The Doctoral Committee comprising the Vice-Chancellor will assess the application and decide the eligible candidates to do research work in the area recommended by the candidates.
- The selected candidates have to be present on the prescribed date and time for provisional admission.
- The selected candidates can register at the time of enrolling by paying the registration fee of Rs. 5000.
- If the candidates do not pay or fails to pay the requisite fee on the prescribed date, then their registration will be automatically cancelled.