DU - LL.B. Programme, University of Delhi
University of Delhi offers various courses in the field of legal education. The courses such as LL.B., LL.M., Master of Comparative Law, Doctor of Civil Laws, Ph.D. in Law, etc.
It is full-time course of three years which includes six terms. Since there are six terms in three year course, each year consists of 2 semesters respectively. The medium of instruction will be English, and the exam will also be in English. Nonetheless, those students who do not wish to take this exam in English have a choice to take it in Hindi too. Some events can be included in Instructions like Moot Court, and Practical Training Programme, Seminars, Tutorial Work, etc. At the end of each term, there will be one exam. The exam includes one paper at the end of each term. Each course carries 100 marks and the exam duration is three hours.
List of centers where LL.B. is taught:
Campus Law Center
University of Delhi,
Delhi - 110 007
Law Center -1
University of Delhi,
Delhi - 110 021
Law Center - 2
A.R.S.D. College Building,
New Delhi - 110 021
Scheme of Grading
75 % & above - Distinction
60 % & above - First Division
50 % & above - Second Division
45 % - Pass Percentage
Admission to the above course will be based on students' performance in Common Entrance Exam for all three law centers as mentioned above.
- Candidates must possess graduate/postgraduate degree from the University of Delhi or any Indian or foreign university which is recognized as equivalent by the University of Delhi with minimum 50 % marks in aggregate or equivalent.
- Candidates who come under reserved category such as SC/ST with a graduate/postgraduate degree from the University of Delhi or any Indian/foreign university which is recognized as equivalent by the University of Delhi.
- There is relaxation up to 5 % marks in the minimum eligibility prescribed for general candidates shall be allowed to the candidates who belong to CW category.
- There is relaxation up to 5 % marks in the minimum eligibility for general candidates shall be allowed to the candidates who belong to the Physically Handicapped category, however, on the recommendation of the Medical Authority.
- Candidates must not exceed 20 years of age at the time of admission.