Library and Information Centre
DCSMAT School of Media and Business has a library and information centre. The library and information centre are well equipped with all required facilities to make learning easy. Some of the facilities are:
- Exceptional institutional repository database
- Technology enabled education support
- Access to a number of international peer reviewed e-journals
- Information dissemination services and E-supported current awareness
- Collection of five thousand Management books
- Online Public Access Cataloguing facility
- Ample collection of rare books on Media Studies
- Automated internal management and organization
- Outstanding CD / DVD library
- Excellent reference material
- Wi-Fi enabled learning ambience
- Collection of more than hundred print journals
- Emerald Management Extra - Electronic Journals
- Digital library (powered by Greenstone Open Source Software) and equipped with required e-resources
Computer and Internet resources
DCSMAT School of Media and Business has computer lab with internet connectivity. It is made available with the view of providing students e-leaning resources. Laptops are mandatory and students may utilize various software comprising Windows Software and other industry standard application packages.
The campus is equipped with Wi-Fi super-connectivity that is first of its kind in the vicinity. The facility enables students to access web resources and internet from anywhere in the campus. The advanced technology in the campus abide by intellectual property rights, which is installed with Microsoft software (licensed).
Students are equipped with e-learning facilities. The school has its academic software MOODLE that facilitates the instructors to upload cases, give assignments, reading materials etc. that can be accessed by students. This facility is very useful to reinforce student's performance. It also helps them to create and operate groups and discussion forums.
DCSMAT has launched Streaming Media Services with the Digital Library facilities through internet and intranet. The above mentioned is the part of Knowledge Management. Most probably, DCSMAT is the only institution in our country to have offered higher-end Streaming server for providing video steams of classes over its intranet.
The school keeps record of videos of workshops, seminars, events, etc. and posts them on its internet server so that students can go through it a number of times. The recording includes:
- Guest faculty sessions
- Guest sessions
- Important class modules and topics
- Research initiatives by the School
- Presentations by student groups
- MDPs, FDPs and DCSMAT festivals
- Other curricular and extra curricular activities of students
DCSMAT students are benefited from various activities conducted by the school. Students are given a clear insight on media and business. They are taught using audio-visual aids. The school has experienced and dedicated faculties. The faculty helps students to build a solid foundation of business and media. DCSMAT offers students all required facilities to make learning easy.