Post Graduate Diploma in New Media & Web Journalism
Apeejay Institute of Mass Communication offers Post Graduate Diploma in New Media & Web Journalism. The course duration is one year (full-time). The course curriculum is well designed to provide high standard education in new media and web journalism. The course outline is given below.
- Module 1: Introduction to communication
- Module 2: Communication and New Media
- Module 3: Web Journalism: Reporting & Editing
- Module 4: New Media Production
- Module 5: New Media: Technologies & Techniques
- Module 6: Final Production
Students aspiring to take admission to this course need to have obtained Bachelors Degree or equivalent. However, preference will be given to those students having good communication skills and innovative imagination power.
Apeejay Institute of Mass Communication offers students internship programme. Under this programme, students need to work with leading market research firms, corporate houses, advertising agencies, internet media, web portals, etc.
M.A. in Journalism & Mass Communication
Apeejay Institute of Mass Communication offers M.A. in Journalism & Mass Communication. The course duration is two years (full-time). This course is affiliated to the UGC recognized university.
The course contains thorough information about journalism and mass communication. Students are taught various aspects of mass communication. They are taught how journalism plays an important role in reforming the society. The outline of course curriculum is given below.
Semester - I
- Paper I - Introduction to Communication
- Paper II - History of Print Media in India
- Paper III - Print Media I
- Paper IV - Electronic Media and Photography
- Paper V - Advertising and Public Relations
- Paper I - Development Communication
- Paper II - Media Management
- Paper III - Media Laws and Ethics
- Paper IV - Communication Research - I
- Paper V - Radio & TV Production Techniques
- Paper I - Communication Research-II
- Paper II - New Media Technology
- Paper III - Print Media-II
- Paper IV - Intercultural Communication
- Paper V - Corporate Communication
- Paper I - International Communication
- Paper II - Human Rights
- Paper III - Film Studies
- Paper IV - Current Affair
- Paper V - Dissertation
Students seeking admission to this course need to have obtained a Bachelors Degree or equivalent from a recognized university with at least 50% marks in aggregate. Students having good communication skills will be preferred.
The Institute offers students internship programme after second semester. Every student is required to take internship where they need to work with prominent advertising agencies, television channels, research, FS stations, PR and event management firms, newspapers, etc.