The bank in the beginning preferred the role of a regional bank and slowly but steadily built for itself a place in the Delta District Thanjavur. The first Branch of the Bank was opened at Mannargudi on 24th January 1930. Thereafter, branches were opened at Nagapattinam, Sannanallur, Ayyampet, Tirukattupalli, Tiruvarur, Manapparai, Mayuram and Porayar within a span of twenty five years. The Bank was included in the Second Schedule of Reserve Bank of India Act,1934, on 22nd March 1945.
Education Bank Loan in India : City Union Bank
- Should have Indian Nationality.
- Must take secured admission to technical or professional courses through the entrance exam or any merit based selection process and have proof.
- Take secured admission to foreign institutes or universities and have proof.
- Students have the age 18 years - 30 years.
- For Study in the India:
- Professional Courses such as Medical, Engineering, Agriculture, Law, veterinary, Law, Management, Dental, Computer, etc. and some courses which are approved by bank.
- Certificate Courses of computers of standard institutes allied to the electronics dept.
- Courses such as CA, ICWA, CFA, etc.
- Other courses such as degree or diploma conducted by universities or colleges and approved by government, UGC, and standard institutions.
- In case of graduation courses, minimum marks are 75 percent or above. For the post graduation courses, average marks are 55 percent. For the UG, the minimum marks are 50 and 60 percent for PG and UG. For the category students, it is fixed at 65 percent.
- Studies in Abroad:
- Post graduation courses such as MBA, MCA, MS, PhD, etc.
Duration of course:
The maximum period of course is 5 years India and 3 years in case of studies abroad.
Exposure of expenses:
- Fees payable to school, college and hostel
- Library, examination and laboratory fees
- Fees required for purchasing equipments, books and instruments.
- For payment of Caution Deposits/Building; Funds/Refundable Deposits supported by Institution; Bills/Receipts.
- Passage money or travel expenses for those studies in abroad.
- Purchase of materials which are useful for completion of the course.
- Other expenses required for completion of course such as study tours, thesis, project work, etc.
- The maximum amount is Rs. 5.00 lakhs for the studies in the India.
- The maximum amount is Rs. 10.00 lakhs for the studies in Abroad.
Scale if Finance:
- For under graduate - Rs. 10,000 per annum
- For post graduate - Rs. 20,000 per annum
- For diploma or technical - Rs. 20,000 per annum
||Govt. Quota P.A.
||Management Quota P.A.
|MBA, MCA etc
- 15 percent margin for those studies in India
- 20 percent for the studies in abroad.
- Scholarship is also added in the Margin.
- Margin may bring in year basis and when repayment is made on basis of pro-data.
- No security is required for loan up to Rs. 4.00 lakh.
- Guarantee of third party is required for the loan amount between Rs.4 lakh to Rs.7.5 lakh.
- For loan amount greater than Rs.7.00 lakh, guarantee of third party and the non-movable security which is equal to 100 percent of amount of loan.
The required document must be executed by students and parents.
The security may be land, government securities, building, Public Sector Bonds, KVP, NSC, LIC, etc.
If the loan is given for purchasing computers then same is hypothecated to bank. Processing fees is not charged.
Capabilities Certificate can also issued by the bank for students studying abroad and also obtain relevant documents from applicant.
Student's life must be insured.
The policy of life insurance must be in bank's favor.
Relaxation of Conditions: In case of deserving candidates, any condition of this scheme can be relaxed by the bank's chairman.
Repayment should start after 7 month from completion of the course or after getting the job, whichever is earlier.
The loan is repaid within five years after initiating repayment and it is equated on monthly basis.
T.S.R Big Street,
Phone - (0435) 2432322, 2431622
Fax - (0435) 2431746