TOEFL » Registration
TOEFL : Registration
Register to take the TOEFL Internet-based test using one of the methods described below.
The deadline to register online for a test is seven days before the test date.
For fastest and most convenient service, register online.
- 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- No phone call expenses or waiting on hold
- Instant e-mail confirmation
- A valid credit card is required (American Express, Discover, JCB, MasterCard, or VISA), or an electronic check (e-check) if you have a bank account in the United States or its territories.
You must call at least seven days before the test date. Valid credit card required. Review the TOEFL iBT Registration Form for the information you will be asked to provide when you call.
|United States, Canada, or U.S. Territories* 1-800-GO-TOEFL||(1-800-468-6335)|
|Outside the United States, Canada, or U.S. Territories*||Call your Regional Registration Center|
|If you live outside the U.S. and want to test in the United States ||1-443-751-4862|
|Text phone (must have access to a Teletypewriter (TTY)||1-800-529-3590|
* American Samoa, Guam, Puerto Rico, and U.S. Virgin Islands
When registering by phone, you are given a
- registration number, which you must bring to the test center on test day
- test date
- reporting time
- test center address.
If you do not want to register online or by phone
- Fill in all information on the Registration Form. (The form also is in the center of the Information and Registration Bulletin).
- Include payment (see Testing and Service Fees for preferred forms of payment).
- Mail the completed form. Mailing instructions are on the form.
- Registration forms must be received by ETS or your Regional Registration Center at least four weeks before your requested first-choice test date.
- If your requested date(s) cannot be accommodated, you will be scheduled for the next available test date unless you indicate on the form that you do not want to be rescheduled. If you choose not to be rescheduled, your payment will be returned to you.
- You will be assigned a date as close as possible to your choices. If your assigned test date does not meet your needs, contact TOEFL Services or the appropriate Regional Registration Center within 24 hours of receipt of the confirmation of your registration.
- If you do not receive a registration confirmation, you must call the location where you mailed your registration at least three full business days prior to the registration deadline for your earliest choice.
- Test takers with disabilities must use the Registration Form. If you wish to pay by credit card, write your credit card number and expiration date at the top of the form. Only test takers with disabilities can submit this form using a credit card; all others must submit either a check or money order. See Test Takers with Disabilities for more information about testing accommodations.