Education in India, Career in India: Industrial Engineering
Looking for a Career Option as a Industrial Engineering ? This section features industrial engineering as a career option, elaborated with reference to the job profile, personality traits required, the courses and training involved, premier institutions and future prospects.
This is one of the branches of engineering which is related to development, implementation, improvement, and the evaluation of incorporated systems of people, equipment, knowledge, energy, process and the material. Industrial engineering is totally based on methods and principles of the engineering. Industrial engineering minimizes waste of money, time, energy, material and other resources. Production engineering, Operations management, Manufacturing Engineering are some another names of the Industrial Management and these are depends on the motives and viewpoint of user.
For specifying the areas, most of the engineering applies the skill. Same as that industrial engineering applies in every industries like shortening the queues at theme park, distributing products worldwide, streamlining an operating room, and manufacturing reliable and cheaper automobiles. Industrial engineering term initially applies to the manufacturing but it has been extended the service same as system engineering, operations research, quality engineering and ergonomics.
Industrial engineer should be analytical, creative, detail oriented and inquisitive, have the ability to work in group and communication skill is also good both writing and orally. For this course, knowledge of computer application is very important which make easy process planning, component production, production planning, and so on.
- Adichunchanagiri Institute Of Technology, PB No.91, Chikmagalur-577102, (Karnataka)
- Anjuman Engineering College, P. B. No 24, Anjumanabad, Bhatkal-581320, (Karnataka)
- Bangalore Institute of Technology, K R Road, Visveswarapuram, Bangalore-560004, (Karnataka)
- Bapuji Institute Of Engineering And Technology, Devanagere-577004, (Karnataka)
- Basaveshwar Engineering College, PB.No-53, Bagalkot-587102, (Karnataka)
- Bharati Vidyapeeth's College Of Engineering, Katraj, Dhenakulodi, Pune-411043, (Maharashtra)
- BLDEA's (Vachanapithamaha) Dr. P.G. Halakatti College of Engineering and Technology, Ashram Road, Bijapur -586103, (Karnataka)
- BMS College of Engineering, P.O. Box No : 1908, Bull Temple Road, Basavanagudi, Bangalore - 560 019, (Karnataka)
- Centre For Biotechnology- Anna Univeristy, Chennai-600025, (Tamil Nadu)
- College Of Engineering, Anna University, Guindy, Chennai-600025, (Tamil Nadu)
- College of Engineering, Thiruvananthapuram-695016, (Kerala)
- Dayanand Sagar College of Engineering, Shavige Malleswara Hills, Kanakapura Road, South-End of Jayanagar, Bangalore-560078, (Karnataka)
- Delhi College Of Engineering, Bawana Road, Delhi-110042, (Delhi (union territory))
- Deputy Registrar (Academics), Dr B R Ambedkar National Institute of Technology, G.T. Road, Bye Pass, Post Office NIT Campus, Jalandhar- 144 011, (Punjab)
- Dr.Ambedkar Institute Of Technology, Near Janana Bharathi campus, Bangalore-560056, (Karnataka)
Industrial Engineer gets jobs in all types of the industries. After the experience of some years, opportunities of self employment are available. They may join the private consultancy firms, R&D establishments of the big companies, and the technical sales managers. This is a long duration course so that industrial and production engineers may work with the entire engineering and manufacturing department in public and private sectors. Industrial engineering contains maintenance, operations, work study, production planning and the control, value engineering, materials management, network models like p e r t (Program Evaluation and Review Technique), c p m (Critical Path Method), computer science, operations research, statistical quality control and financial Management.
Industrial engineers research activities are given below:
- Deterministic methods of optimization and analysis
- Simulation modelling and analysis
- Stochastic method of analysis, optimization and control
- Artificial intelligence based methods
- Supply chain analysis and inventory lanning
- Logistics and transportation
- Financial engineering
- Scheduling and ERP
- Optimization, planning and control in manufacturing and robotics